Tuesday 22 January 2019

Patient Testimonial - Pain tremendously improved

We are grateful to share yet another patient story with you today.

ICSEB patient Elizabeth from Philadelphia tells us how for a long time she was receiving diagnoses related to anxiety, depression and fibromyalgia before being diagnosed with Syringomyelia in 2015. Hear more from her in this video, where she explains how she found the Institut Chiari & Syringomyelia & Scoliosis of Barcelona and how the treatment helped her situation.



 

 "Hello! My name is Elizabeth Streit, I was born in Mexico but I live in Philadelphia (USA). 

I was diagnosed with Syringomyelia in 2015. I had strong pain in my neck, constant thoracic and back pain. I consulted different doctors, neurologists and neurosurgeons to discover what I had. For many years, I was diagnosed with various conditions related to anxiety, depression and fibromyalgia. 

Then I decided to search on the Internet in Spanish, which is my mother tongue, and I found the Institut Chiari & Siringomielia & Escoliosis de Barcelona and Dr Royo’s research. In 2015 I got in touch with them for the first time by sending an email to request information about the procedure.

Out of fear and because of where I was living, I also looked for specialized doctors in the US. 

However, the treatments proposed by many of them were pharmacological and they did not help me. I was very sensitive to medication and the surgeries they indicated were obviously much more complicated. 

This year I decided to contact the Institute Chiari again and, after they received my information, I could send all my medical files via the web. It was easy, they reviewed my case and got back to me immediately. They responded saying that I was a potential candidate for the application of the sectioning of the filum terminale surgery. 

I thank God for the existence of this institute because after surgery my pain improved tremendously; I have neither pain in my neck nor in my back or chest.

I can say that this institute is excellent, I feel very well 10 days after surgery. 

E-mail: streit10@comcast.net / betystr10@gmail.com"

No comments:

Post a Comment