Wednesday 26 September 2018

Patient Testimonial - One and half years post-op


We are very pleased and grateful to be able to share Mireille's story today; the video was recorded in February 2018. The patient was diagnosed with Neuro-Cranio-Vertebral Syndrome. Filum Disease. Descent of the Cerebellar Tonsils (Arnold-Chiari Syndrome Type I). Idiopathic Syringomyelia and Multiple Disc Disease and underwent the surgical procedure at the Institut Chiari & Siringomielia & Escoliosis de Barcelona (ICSEB) in October 2016. 




"Good Morning!


My name is Mireille, I was diagnosed with Arnold-Chiari Syndrome Type I and Syringomyelia three years ago. I was operated in the Institut Chiari de Barcelona in October 2016.

Before the surgery, I could hardly walk or move, it was impossible for me to bend down. I had insomnia, tinnitus and migraines accompanied by vomiting. After the surgery, when I woke up I was able to bend down and get up on my own. Since then, it has been a year of happiness. I have been able to take up again all of my body’s functions. I have been able to return to work and live like any normal person.


I am very grateful to Dr. Royo and Dr. Fiallos who operated on me. Here am I today for the check-up after one year of the surgery. Everything is going well, I have recovered all my strength. I thank the Institut Chiari de Barcelona for this surgery. It has saved my life.


Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment